Jeremiah 3:14 I will take you one from a city and two from a family and I will bring you to Zion”
Isaiah 35:10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads, they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
Over the last few days, the Lord reminded me of one of our ministry trips to Canada a number of years ago, where we visited the Jewish community centre in Quebec, Montreal. As I entered the main entrance of the building I was quite taken back with how beautifully presented this centre was and all it had to offer. We had a bit of a local tour around and it appeared that there was everything there to occupy, satisfy and bring a sense of fulfillment and entertainment for each Jewish person residing in that area, at the same time able to still feel very Jewish in a very Jewish environment in a foreign nation. I kept saying to myself, this is so nice ! I was very impressed !. Then out of no where, came the still small voice, saying “they do not belong here” and my heart sank, as I promptly agreed and realized what was happening.
These Jewish community centres, which I believe are no doubt all over the world, are a trap for Jewish people still living in the diaspora. The community gives them a place to feel safe and I believe this is a false sense of security. And the simple fact is that they do not belong there, they belong in Israel. Just alone in this small community of this one small part of big big Canada, lives 90,000 Jewish people. There are literally thousands and thousands and thousands of Jewish people still living all over Canada. Another trap is the “good life” as it is in America, the materialism and the money but I believe the biggest lie and trap that most Jewish people believe still in the nations, is that they are safe where they are.
It is crucial for all Jewish people to be making their way home now, before things intensify even more than what it has since the Covid pandemic in March – before the “suddenlies”
We are entering into the Fall Feast Days (Moedim). A time of returning. A time of repentance (Day of Atonement/Yom Kippur) and a time of awakening (Feast of Trumpets/Shofarot – Yom HaTruah)
Let’ get our shofars out and our whistles and start prophetically calling them back Zechariah 10:8 I will whistle for them and gather them
Isaiah 52:1 “Awake Awake O Jerusalem and shake off your dust, rise up.”
- Pray particularly for Canadian and American Jewry (6,000,00 Jews alone in the USA) to be awakened to the times in which we are in
- Pray for a disturbance within them, to be persistent and unsettling with a restlesness and to have witness to now is the time to return to Israel.
- Pray that God would raise up “voicepieces” in these Jewish communities that will indeed proclaim Aliyah.
- Pray God will also put it in the hearts of the Jewish Agencies who work with Aliyah to send their emissaries to visit and set up booths near these community centres to encourage Aliyah
- Pray that many more intercessors will be raised up in Canada and America to pray for Aliyah
One of the greatest miracles of all time is taking place right now, but many Christians do not know anything about it. God is bringing the Jewish people back to Israel from all over the world. It is important for us as believers to understand God’s purposes not only for the Jewish people but also the times in which we live, the days preceding the return of our Messiah. May each of us continue to gain understanding of God’s heart for the Jewish people and a desire to seek Him about what He wants each of us to do to assist in the return of His people to the land of their forefathers.
Aliyah precedes the salvation of the Jewish people (Ezekiel 11:17-19) Mass revival of the Jewish people will take place here in the land of Israel when they have returned. The rebuilding of Zion is one of the great biblical signs that the time is at hand for the Lord to appear in His glory.
Psalm 102 “Our Lord is doing this for one purpose, to bring glory to His name in the sight of all nations, The Lord will rebuild Zion and appear in His glory.”
- Pray many more Christians will arise to the occasion to assist in Aliyah
- Pray for millions of Jews to return before they are chased out of their nations
- Pray all the stones of stumbling that impede and prevent Jewish people returning to be removed (Isaiah 62:10)
- Pray for the many Jews who need assistance to return, that this will come to them
- Pray for the organisations and emissaries in the nations to be successful and fruitful in the campaigns to encourage Jewish people to return to their land
- Pray this year will exceed any other previous annual statistics of Jews returning home
- Pray that the Jewish people in the nations will understand and see the danger of lingering on with their life style in these nations
- Pray for another exodus that will exceed all others of the past
- Pray there will be a “perculating” of desire to return, in the hearts of Jewish people in all nations.
- Pray that the breath of God will be breathed upon His people in the nations to become cognizant of their inheritance and to have a longing for their homeland
- Pray for a continued flow of young Jewish adults to make Aliyah – this invariably stirs other members of the family to make Aliyah. (40% of Aliyah is young Jewish adults)
- Pray for the 500,000 Israelis living outside of Israel, to return He wants His people home!
I want to recommend a movie on Netflix called Septembers of Shiraz . This movie is a picture of the reality of what happened in Iran following the revolution in 1975 and it is also a reality of what can happen to the Jewish people who are still living in the nations today. The one liner in the script that threw me into intercession was “we should have left when you left” . May none be left in the nations to perish but come home and have eternal life.
Let each of us pray for divine appointments with Jewish people, and become a modern day “Jabotinsky” and warn every Jewish person we come in touch with that resides outside of Israel that now is the time to return to their homeland
Author Josie Silver – Haifa*Israel from IRI prayer bulletin September 2020